1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2020 10:44 AM by Michael J. Hancock

    Seeking records on Ann Stegura


      This is what I have. She was in the Women's Army Corps, enlisted in Columbus, OH on 19 January 1943, was an Aviation Cadet, her service number was A-504862, and lived in Cuyahoga County, OH. She was born in 1921 in Pennsylvania and was a telephone operator. She served in England during WWII.

        • Re: Seeking records on Ann Stegura
          Michael J. Hancock Wayfarer

          Dear Mr. Bosela,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of her Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for officers of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after June 1917 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military

          Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

          1 person found this helpful