1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2020 1:58 PM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking 1949 aerial photograph with ID number

Julian Heilman Newbie

I am looking for a 1949 aerial photograph of the Verde River in Arizona that shows an area of springs. I have an Air Service ID number, but any searches I have done have come up empty. How does one do this sort of search??

• Re: Seeking 1949 aerial photograph with ID number
          Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Mr. Heilman,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Most aerial photographs that were taken by a federal agency are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Cartographic (RDSC). Please contact RDSC via email at carto@nara.gov for information about locating and accessing these records.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSC. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!