2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2020 5:40 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking Status of DD-214 request


      On July 8, 2020 I sent request for Military Records and DD-214 for my deceased husband, I included a copy of signed Form 180, copy of death certificate and marriage certificate.  As of August 21, 2020, I have not received any response and am unable to find anything on line, I am trying to purchase a home and need the DD-214 for loan approval.

        • Re: Seeking Status of DD-214 request
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          They are only processing emergency requests pertaining to burials.


          For the meantime I would try reaching out to your state veterans service office, or even county veterans service office. Sometimes discharges were recorded at the county clerks office.





          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking Status of DD-214 request
            Thomas Richardson Navigator

            Dear Ms. Webb,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            You also may telephone the NPRC Customer Service Line (this is a long-distance call for most customers) at 314-801-0800.


            We hope this is helpful.


            1 person found this helpful