3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2020 2:24 PM by Holly Rivet

Need my SF-50

Rotaira Bowers Newbie

How long does it take to receive a copy of my SF-50? I faxed my request back in March before the closures to the National Personnel Records Annex. I switched agencies and I need it so I can get my correct payable time in service. And why is it no other way to get my own records. It been over 120 days since last agency called them.

• Re: Need my SF-50
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Bowers,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Since you are currently a Federal employee, you will have an eOPF. Please contact your servicing Human Resources (HR) office or personnel department within the federal agency or organization you work for. These offices will provide you with information on how to access and use eOPF. 

If you are unable to access your eOPF, contact eOPF Help Desk by phone at 1-866-275-8518 or email eopfhelpdesk@opm.gov

NARA has closed the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL, effective immediately and until further notice. Last week, the local jurisdiction where CPR is located (Monroe County, IL) reported public health metrics that exceeded NARA’s targets for safe operation of our facilities. CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.

More information about the National Archives' response to coronavirus can be found at archives.gov/coronavirus.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

Rotaira Bowers Newbie

I do have access to my eOPF, but it has none of my previous federal job information only my current one and I can see my company also sent a request to get my personnel information from my previous agency but the request was sent 3/23/2020 when the closures happened and still nothing has been sent. This is really frustrating that I can only get my records from one place. And that place is not sending them and no one know or have a slightest idea when it will be sent.

Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Bowers,

This is an update to our previous response.

The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, please resubmit your request.  Write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.

For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .

We hope this update is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet