3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2020 2:26 PM by Holly Rivet Branched from an earlier discussion.

Seeking status of my SF-50 Request

Stephanie Evans Newbie

Could you please let me know how long this delay may be?  I am a former employee and went through the process to request my SF-50 via the signed request letter in Feb. 2020 to  National Personnel Records Center, Annex.  It has been over 6 months and although I understand there may be staffing issues from Corona,  I just need to know if my request was ever received, or if I need/can do anything else. Also, I have called 618-935-3000 but nobody has ever answered.

• Re: Seeking status of my SF-50 Request
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Evans,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We thank you for your patience.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The staff of National Personnel Annex is currently working on SF-50 requests in the order in which they were received.  You may have better luck calling in the morning.  They open at 0800 CST M-F.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful
            Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Evans,

We have an update:

NARA has closed the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL, effective immediately and until further notice. Last week, the local jurisdiction where CPR is located (Monroe County, IL) reported public health metrics that exceeded NARA’s targets for safe operation of our facilities. CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.

More information about the National Archives' response to coronavirus can be found at archives.gov/coronavirus.

Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Evans,

This is an update to our previous response.

The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes or for retirement benefits and it is needed immediately, please resubmit your request.  Write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.

For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .

We hope this update is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet