1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2020 3:26 PM by Susan DeArmond Holt

    Seeking my DD-214


      I am looking for my DD-214.  How do I get this?

        • Re: Seeking my DD-214
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Holt,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To obtain a copy of your DD-214 please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to the location indicated on page three of the form.  The separation document is part of the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and where they are held is dependant upon the branch of service and date of separation.  OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces in WWI and prior to 1999 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


          We hope this information is helpful.



          Holly Rivet

          2 people found this helpful