1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2020 10:28 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking USCG search & rescue cases

Edward Kassick Newbie

I am looking for information for use with a VA claim.I was a Search & Rescue Helicopter crewman in the U.S.Coast Guard at Air Station Cape Cod.I was there from 1973-1976. I need the search and Rescue cases between 1974 and 1976.I was a helicopter crewman on an HH-52 helicopter. Can anyone help?

• Re: Seeking USCG search & rescue cases
          Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Mr. Kassick,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located Search and Rescue Case Files, 1/1965 - 12/1982 and Reports of Search and Rescue Actions, 1954 - 1992 in the Records of the U.S. Coast Guard (Record Group 26). Please email the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at Archives1reference@nara.gov for more information about these records. There also may be records pertaining to the air station at the National Archives at Boston (RE-BO), which may be emailed at boston.archives@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1 and RE-BO. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!