3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2021 1:07 PM by Theresa Vennie

    Seeking a picture of Nancy A Gibbar


      Military History Museum in Perryville, Mo has asked the family for a picture of Nancy A Gibbar, WAC of the year 1969. How do we obtain one?

        • Re: Seeking a picture of Nancy A Gibbar
          Elliot Schneider Guide



          Found this information. You may also want to try contacting The St. Vincent DePaul High School that she attended, you might be able to find a yearbook in the schools library from 1968.


          Nancy A Gibbar Enlists in Army -


          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking a picture of Nancy A Gibbar
            Jason Atkinson Guide

            Dear Ms. Gibbar,


            Unfortunately, there is no comprehensive collection of photographs of all service members.


            Photographs of various U.S. Army activities dating from 1940 to 2007 are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Still Picture (RDSS).  It is possible, though not guaranteed, that there is a photograph of her in these holdings.  Please contact RDSS via email at stillpix@nara.gov for more information about locating photographs of specific individuals.


            The "official" photograph of an individual is not considered to be permanent federal records by the respective military services and is not retained in a separate collection by the service. If the photograph you are seeking still exists, it will most likely be found in the individual's Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). However, there is no guarantee the photograph will be present. OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or her next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSS. Also, the National Personnel Records Center is is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


            Please contact the U.S. Army Women’s Museum at Fort Lee for possible photographs. If she served in a medical capacity, the US Army Medical Department Office of Medical History may have something.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

            1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Seeking a picture of Nancy A Gibbar
              Theresa Vennie Scout

              Hello Anita:


              I found the attached pics and hope that this is the Nancy A. Gibbar that you are looking for.







              The Lake Geneva Regional News

              Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

              05 Dec 1968, Thu   •  Page 3


              Sunday News

              Lancaster, Pennsylvania

              26 Jan 1969, Sun   •  Page 13

              1 person found this helpful