2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2020 3:23 PM by Cara Jensen

Seeking records for Benjamin Fogg

Lorri Lawless Newbie

I have found a few records for his daughter Abbie, however, not for her father, Benjamin Fogg. I need help. There is another Benjamin Fogg in the same area that is not him. He was married to ( Allie, Anna, Allena, Olive????) Crummet. He was born in 1845 in Bath, Maine, we think! Any help would be appreciated, we have just hit a dead end. Thanks.

• Re: Seeking records for Benjamin Fogg
          Susannah Brooks Scout

By looking for his children's (Alton, Lemuel, Marsha or Marcia, Lottie Eva, Abbie C, and Charles M) I was able to determine that he was Benjamin C. Fogg, who served in the Civil War and died in a Veterans Home in Maine in 1924. 

He married Alena in Vassalboro ME in Nov 1882.  There marriage license (intention) was found on familysearch.org in the Vassalboro vital records

In 1870 and 1880 Benjamin C Fogg is living with his mother and stepfather, Aseneth A. & Alfred Wilson in Sagadahoc Co, ME..  Benjamin was a sailor.  I could not find Benjamin or his mother prior to 1870, but know that she did not marry Alfred Wilson until sometime after 1860 (he is with his previous wife in 1860).

In 1900 Benjamin is not living with his wife and children. 

He enters the veteran's home in 1917 and dies there in 1924.

• Re: Seeking records for Benjamin Fogg
            Cara Jensen Scout

Dear Ms. Lawless,,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that you search the FamilySearch index to Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921,

as well as contact the Maine State Archives to request a search for any vital records between 1892-1922. For earlier birth, marriage, and death records, we suggest that you contact the municipality where the event occurred.

In addition, the FamilySearch Research wiki for Maine Genealogy may be helpful.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful