2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2020 9:50 AM by Elliot Schneider

    Seeking military records of my father


      I don’t have any information except he was in the Navy during WWII.

        • Re: Seeking military records of my father
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Barrett,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to 1958 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  This record will include his mobility throughout his service.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


          We hope this information is helpful.



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking military records of my father
            Elliot Schneider Ranger



            What is his name and DOB, and place of birth.