1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2020 1:27 PM by Jason Atkinson

    How Can I Get My Dependent Immunization Records?

    Clarence Jackson Newbie

      I hope some one knows how to do this, my son needs his shot record for work. Thanks I look forward to some one that has the answer.

        • Re: How Can I Get My Dependent Immunization Records?
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Jackson,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores Dependent Medical Folders (DMFs) for dependents treated at Army, Air Force or Coast Guard facilities from 1954 to the present. Records prior to 1954 were destroyed in accordance with legal authorities in effect at the time. NPRC also stores inpatient, outpatient, dental and mental health records created at Naval medical treatment facilities. Some record collections date from the 1940s and 1950s, but more comprehensive information exists beginning in the 1960s. The military medical facilities transfer the DMFs to NPRC, generally 1-5 years after the last treatment.


          If possible, contact the last medical treatment facility to determine if records have been retired to the NPRC before sending a request. If they did, then send your request to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  For more information, see Medical Treatment Records - for Military Retirees and Dependents (created at military medical facilities).


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


          If you are currently serving, your chain of command should be able to assist you with accessing your son’s files.


          We hope this information is helpful.