3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2020 7:59 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking my military rank at retirement

    Curtis Shellenberger Newbie

      I'm an enlisted Army retired man.  What rank did I retire at and what was (is) my date of rank? Thank you.  I have more questions when this one is resolved. 

        • Re: Seeking my military rank at retirement
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Try contacting Army Human Resources Command


          You can probably request information on your enlisted promotions status and others depending on the age.


          Army Service Center


          DSN: 983-9500



          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking my military rank at retirement
            Joseph Armstrong Wayfarer

            Hi Curtis,


            Thank you for posting to the History Hub.


            You may wish to contact:

            Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DEFAS)

            US Military Retirement Pay

            PO Box 7130

            London, KY  40742


            or call 1-800-321-0180


            You should request a copy of your (LES) Leave and Earning Statement


            This statement is issued monthly and contains your Rank, Service number, Address, Pay and allotments.



            • Re: Seeking my military rank at retirement
              Thomas Richardson Tracker

              Dear Mr. Shellenberger,


              Thank you for posting your request on the History Hub.


              Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army since October 16, 1992 and prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records. 


              Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


              Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army and the Army Reserves served since October 2002 are in the custody of the U. S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDR-VIB, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 420, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402. The telephone number is 1-888-276-9472; email address is askhrc.army@us.army.mil; and the web site is www.hrc.army.mil.


              We hope this is helpful.