1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2020 8:50 AM by Sylvia Naylor

    Want an IDPF of a WWII Navy veteran

    Jim Dawson Newbie

      How do I request IDPF information for a WWII Navy veteran?

        • Re: Want an IDPF of a WWII Navy veteran
          Sylvia Naylor Adventurer

          Dear Mr. Dawson,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Navy and Marine Corps casualty records from 1940-1989 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL), P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. For access to these records, please contact RL-SL via letter or email at stl.archives@nara.gov.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RL-SL. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.  Best of luck with your research!