1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2020 11:42 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking when Steven Michael was in the Navy


      My father is dying, he may have a day or so left with us. Please I am trying to find dates of his Military career, to add to his obituary. His Name is Steven Lee Roy Michael, birthday 4-1-1937. He lived in Weiser, Idaho Washington county at the time he enlisted. Thank you in advance .

        • Re: Seeking when Steven Michael was in the Navy
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Morey,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his separation document from his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).


          Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180, noting that you are seeking the separation document and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities. These expanded services are planned to begin on August 3, 2020.


          We hope this information is helpful.



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful