2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2020 11:47 AM by Susannah Brooks

How do I order a 1930 census?

Lou S Newbie

How do I order a copy of the 1930 census? When I go to the order page, nothing is showing up as an option to add to cart.

• Re: How do I order a 1930 census?
          Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Ms. Yenyen,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Normally you would be able to order copies of individual census pages by going to https://www.archives.gov/shop/ and click on "Request & Order Reproductions Online." You would then click on “Order Reproductions” and then “Census Pages.”

However, the National Archives and Records Administration has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19 and a number of product options have been temporarily disabled on our online ordering service, to include census records. Customer service representatives are available to answer questions regarding orders currently in our system at  trustfundsupport@nara.gov.

You may use NATF Form 82 to order individual pages of Federal population census schedules by filling out the form and mailing it to Archival Operations Washington D.C., Form 82 - Census, National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20408-0001. Once operations resume your document reproduction request will be serviced in the order it was received. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As part of our on-going commitment to preserve our records, the National Archives has entered into partnerships with Ancestry and Fold3 to digitize some of NARA's holdings. The records you seek are now available in digital form and can be viewed online via Ancestry and Fold3. There may be a fee for using this service. Some libraries offer free access to Ancestry and/or Fold3 to their patrons.  The 1930 Census is also available with a free account on FamilySearch.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

• Re: How do I order a 1930 census?
            Susannah Brooks Adventurer

Are you trying to get a copy of just one page?   You can download and print a page from www.familysearch,org which is a free website (you need to sign up for a free user name/password).  Because printing the large census page on a standard sized sheet of paper, I generally download and save the image and then enlarge it to print in pieces.