2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2020 12:22 PM by Katherine Marshall

Seeking information about Nora Stick

Katherine Marshall Newbie

I am seeking information on Nora Stick who is Full-blood Chickasaw.

• Re: Seeking information about Nora Stick
          Cara Jensen Adventurer

Dear Ms. Marshall,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

When embarking on Native American genealogy, please note that the records in the custody of NARA often only detail those living on the reservations or being administered by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. If an ancestor was native yet left the reservation/did not have interaction with the United States Government as such, they will not be recorded in NARA’s records and tracing their genealogy may be difficult.

We suggest that you review NARA’s Native American Heritage as well as the FamilySearch Research wiki for Indigenous Peoples of the United States Genealogy

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

• Re: Seeking information about Nora Stick
              Katherine Marshall Newbie

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I was able to find her Dawes Roll number and her Card number, by accessing NARA’s, Final Dawes Roll. I am going to order her packet, to see if there is more information. She was my deceased husband’s great grandmother. I am doing this research, to help mine and my deceased husband’s children, my grandchildren and apparently, my new great grandson! His family, since his death are not forthcoming, with any family information or history. I was relying on my memory, for names.
                As such, I was hoping to find relatives, to connect with, hince my post. I guess I should’ve added more details.
                Once again thanks for your assistance and thank NARA for having the info, so I could find, what I have! Very much appreciated.
              Sincerely, Katherine Marshall