1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2020 8:41 PM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking military records for Lance Brian Carter

Olivia Carter Newbie

I am seeking any information on the military record of Lance Brian Carter. He enlisted during the early years of the Vietnam War. He was stationed in New Jersey, then in Texas at Lackland AFB, Germany, and finally the Philippines. He was in the Air Force during his service. Unfortunately, I have been unable to gain any information about his record. If you know any details of his record, please let me know.

• Re: Seeking military records for Lance Brian Carter
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Carter,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Air Force after 1958 and prior to May 1, 1994 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.

We hope this is helpful.

1 person found this helpful