3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2020 11:06 AM by Cara Jensen

Seeking naturalization record for Helen Zaremba Kuciejewski

Karen Sasgen Newbie

Helen Kuciejewski was an alien in 1925 NY state census but naturalized in the 1930 census for Syracuse, NY. I have searched scanned records for Onondaga County, NY naturalizations for the years 1925-1930.  The indexed records for the Northern District of New York court do not include these years. Are there microfilms for the Northern District or other sources to search?

• Re: Seeking naturalization record for Helen Zaremba Kuciejewski
          Alice Lane Tracker

Hi Karen

Welcome to History Hub

I found the naturalization that you are looking for. Husband and wife were naturalized together. The information was on familysearch.org. It is a free website, all you have to do is become a member. Click on the link below for the document. Hoping this is the correct one...

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:W17S-P6W2

Best Wishes

Alice Lane

Volunteer Researcher

Karen Sasgen Newbie

Hi Alice,

Thank you for looking but this is the Declaration of Intent which I already have, not her Petition for Naturalization and final admittance. I need to search the Northern District of New York federal court for 1925-1930 however the index online only goes to about 1916. Are there any microfilms for 1925-1930 for this court? Her husband Martin didn't become a citizen so she would have had to file separately since it was after Sept. 1922.

I appreciate your looking.

Karen

Cara Jensen Scout

Dear Ms. Sasgen,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

If her petition was filed in a Federal court, the National Archives at New York (RE-NY) should have a copy of both the declaration and petition within their holdings, We suggest you contact RE-NY via email at newyork.archives@nara.gov to request a copy of these records.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RE-NY. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

USCIS maintains duplicate copies of court records (including the certificate of citizenship) created from September 27, 1906 to March 31, 1956 within Certificate Files (C-Files). C-Files can be requested through the USCIS Genealogy Program.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!