2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2020 2:27 PM by ironlion

Seeking Vital Records in NYC during 1924

ironlion Newbie

In 1924, was the vital records only in Brooklyn or was there an office in Manhattan? When do they put an index together for the year prior? Do you add to the index if there is an addition to the name?  A correct name if the parents at the point of birth does not have a first name?  When does a correction  have to be put in to get into the index? Have you ever heard of a 6-H form from the Dept of Health in the year 1924?  To be honest with you this 6-H form has numbers in front of it. it is 25-2236-17-B, Form 6 H.  If you have information on this form I would love to know what this is?  I realize it is a child's name but would this be put into the index? Thank you ever so much for any answer you can give me.  I do appreciate it a lot.

• Re: Seeking Vital Records in NYC during 1924
          Cara Jensen Scout

Dear Ms. Greve,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that you contact the New York City Health Department for assistance in answering your questions regarding corrections and indexes to New York City birth certificates in 1924, and the Form 6-H. 

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

• Re: Seeking Vital Records in NYC during 1924
              ironlion Newbie

Hello Cara,

I would get in touch with New York City Health Dept.  but at the moment they are working on COVID.  I am not sure if they have time to answer these questions.  I attempted to ask these questions from them a few years ago and did not get much of an answer.  In fact they gave me no answer to the above questions.  I thought it would be a good place for me to come to find out an answer to these questions.  I do wish that they New York City Health Dept.  was a little bit more accessible.  The Archives are a lot better to deal with.