2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2020 11:15 AM by Cynthia Velikaneye

Seeking my Immunization records

Cynthia Velikaneye Newbie

Does anyone know how I go about getting my immunization records while my Dad was in the Air Force?

• Re: Seeking my Immunization records
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

Dear Ms. Velikaneye,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores Dependent Medical Folders (DMFs) for dependents treated at Army, Air Force or Coast Guard facilities from 1954 to the present. Records prior to 1954 were destroyed in accordance with legal authorities in effect at the time. The military medical facilities transfer the DMFs to NPRC, generally 1-5 years after the last treatment.

If possible, contact the last medical treatment facility to determine if records have been retired to the NPRC before sending a request. If they did, then send your request to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. 

Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

We hope this information is helpful.

1 person found this helpful