2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2020 9:56 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking a list of medals I have


      Would like to know what medals I am entitled to? Don't know where to go.

        • Re: Seeking a list of medals I have
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          You can request you full service members file and request medals from NPRC. If you also know unit or any other branch of service information you can fin out usually if they were awarded any unit citation, president citation, war credits and others. Please provide us with additional information.





          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking a list of medals I have
            Holly Rivet Tracker

            Dear Mr. Mccauley,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            For Air Force (including Army Air Corps), Army, and Navy personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate service department for issuance of the medals.  For requesting medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on NARA’s website at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/ or complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.  Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other."


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            We hope this information is helpful. 



            Holly Rivet