2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2020 10:26 AM by Paul Comesanas

    Seeking a copy of my original U.S. Marine Corps DD-4 Contract

    Paul Comesanas Newbie

      I need a copy of my Original U.S. Marine Corps DD-4 Contract. I'm trying to retire from the Military and I can't do it until I get those records. I went into the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) on 01 July 1982. I submitted the request to the National Personnel Records Center back on April 3, but due to COVID-19 there hasn't been a reply. If someone can help me, I can provide them with the Service Request Number for NPRC.

        • Re: Seeking a copy of my original U.S. Marine Corps DD-4 Contract
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Comesanas,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals.  The National Archives (NARA) will decide when to begin reopening our facilities based on guidance from the federal government, including the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). NARA is working diligently on our plans for the gradual reopening of our facilities across the country. The reopening plans will be based on local conditions for each geographic area and OMB and OPM Memorandum M-20-23, Aligning Federal Agency Operations with the National Guidelines for Opening up America Again. These plans will be implemented in three gradual phases, which will likely last several weeks or even months, based upon local conditions in the respective community. Even as NPRC begins to reopen, operations may be curtailed due to limited staffing or the need to temporarily close facilities for cleaning. Please understand the protection and safety of our staff, volunteers, and the public remain our top priority. NPRC will provide further information as it is available - please monitor our web page https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center for future developments. We appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this information is helpful.



          Holly Rivet

          3 people found this helpful