2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2020 9:25 PM by Jessica Ortiz

    Seeking Navy service records of Warren Stoke


      He was Chief Warrant Officer 3, Warren William Stoke.  He's buried in Arlington National Cemetery but it doesn't give any service info but the branch.  I know he served from around 1941 maybe to 1958?  Really, just looking for the ship names.  Any help appreciated.

        • Re: Seeking Navy service records of Warren Stoke
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Ortiz,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to January 31, 1994  are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck with your research!



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful