1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2020 3:33 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking military records of Earl R Presley

    Clifton de Cordoba Newbie

      How can I find the World War II military records for my father, Earl R. Presley, who was in the US Air Force with Army Serial Number 38022501? Thanks

        • Re: Seeking military records of Earl R Presley
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. de Cordoba,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army and Army Air Corps who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck with your research!



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful