2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2020 8:03 AM by Holly Rivet Branched to a new discussion.

    How do I secure my DD 214


      If the DD 214 record is online, how can I access it to get a copy?

        • Re: How do I secure my DD 214
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Fowler, 


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) held at the National Persennel Records Center in St. Louis have not been digitized . The military branches began digitizing their records in the mid 1990s.  The exact years depend on your branch of service.  Please review page three of the SF-180 to determine where your OMPF is held and how to contact that branch of service.  If you record is held by the National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), you also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful. 



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: How do I secure my DD 214
            Elliot Schneider Ranger



            If you ever applied for state benefits or VA care you can try to obtain copies from the State Veterans Office, or possibly try contacting County Recorders office where you live or registered your discharge.





            1 person found this helpful