2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2020 6:36 AM by Sylvia Naylor

Seeking pictures of a Mercedes 770

Peter Spillner Newbie

Hello, I am looking for pictures of a Mercedes 770 used by the German government during 1939 to 1945. I am restoring this car. I found this attached picture on the internet indicating it is from the US National Archives. Is it possible to help me find more pictures of this car? Thank you.

• Re: Seeking pictures of a Mercedes 770
          Alice Lane Tracker

Hi Peter,

Welcome to History Hub

Don't know if these will help in your mission, but found some photos by googling.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Mercedes+770+W+150+%22State+Car%22+by+Adolf+Hitler+&form=HDRSC2&first=1&scenario=Im…

Best Wishes in your restoration.

My grandson works for a car restorer, they'd love to see that.

Alice Lane

Volunteer Researcher

• Re: Seeking pictures of a Mercedes 770
            Sylvia Naylor Adventurer

Dear Mr. Spillner,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog for any photographs of “Mercedes” that might be of interest to you and located 3 digitized items in the National Archives Collection of Foreign Records Seized (Record Group 242).  The photographs can be viewed here, here, and here. For more information regarding possibly locating photographs of interest to you, please contact NARA's Still Picture Branch (RDSS) via email at stillpix@nara.gov.

Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSS. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!