1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2020 3:30 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking to replacement Bronze Star Medal


      I would like to replace my grandfather's Bronze Star.  He died at the age of 27.  My brother and I have been doing research on him and would like to replace his medal.  Our mother, his daughter passed away when she was 36, so we are his only remaining relatives.  Is this possible?

        • Re: Seeking to replacement Bronze Star Medal
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Sullivan,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The process (and cost) for replacement medals requests differs among the service branches and is dependent upon who is requesting the medal, particularly if the request involves an archival record. To begin your request, we suggest you submit a SF-180 to the National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138.


          Please visit the National Personnel Records Center's web page for Military Awards and Decorations for more information.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck with your research!



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful