1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2020 10:44 AM by Holly Rivet

Seeking WWII military records of Gerald Ernest Baer

Patricia Centuolo Newbie

Please point me in direction I need to go to obtain my dad's US Navy records from WWII. I'll be happy to print out and submit whatever forms and pay fee(s) for the records.  Thanks.

• Re: Seeking WWII military records of Gerald Ernest Baer
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Centuolo,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to 1958 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests

Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

We hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck with your family research!

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful