1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2020 7:06 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking Student Visa Applications

    Calvin Wylie Newbie

      Where would I go to research Student Visa applications from the 1960s and 1970s?

        • Re: Seeking Student Visa Applications
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Wylie,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) does not have custody of visa case files after March 1940. Beginning in April 1940, under normal Department of State records management procedures, such files were destroyed after initial administrative use. If you have additional questions pertaining to these files or procedures, please contact the Department of State Records Manager, SA-2; Room 5117; 515 22nd Street, NW; Washington, DC 20522. The web site for visa information is https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html.


          We hope this is helpful.