2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 11:17 AM by Holly Rivet

Seeking father's military history

Jill Hillyer Newbie

Hello! I have requested my deceased father's official military history, however, I don't know what branch of the military he served in. His name was Howard Melworm and he was born in the Bronx, NY.  I put in the request and I wonder will I need to do that for each branch of the military? Thank you!

• Re: Seeking father's military history
          Carl Urich Wayfarer

Good afternoon Jill.

If the technician is unable to locate a record using the information provided, they will send you correspondence requesting additional information.

Thanks

• Re: Seeking father's military history
            Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Hillyer,

Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!

Once the center begins a case for a request an initial search will be conducted. If a file is not located we will send a form to solicit more information to conduct a more detailed search.

Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

We hope this information is helpful. 

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet