2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2020 7:29 PM by Cheryl Robinson

    Looking for military service records of Harry Crozier


      My dad, Henry Crozier, was born in 1912  He joined the Army on October 23, 1942 in Cincinnati. His Army Service Number is 35667697. That’s all I know. It doesn’t show the rest of his military service. Please help. Thanks!

        • Re: Looking for military service records of Harry Crozier
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Robinson,


          Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.



          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck with your family research!



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful