2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 4:55 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Looking for information about Kenneth LaVern Ward


      My father, Kenneth LaVern Ward served as a gunner in the Army Air Force during WWII and was stationed in England from 1943-1945. He trained at Kingman Air Force Gunnery School from 1942-1943. Any information is welcome. Thank you

        • Re: Looking for information about Kenneth LaVern Ward
          Alice Lane Pioneer

          Hi Helen,

          Thanks for posting on History Hub.

          Need more information...birth date, residence and etc.

          There are several people with the name Kenneth L Ward on familysearch.org with military information. It is a free site but you will need to create a user name & password to search.

          Best Wishes and Good Luck in your search.


          Alice Lane

          Volunteer Researcher

          • Re: Looking for information about Kenneth LaVern Ward
            Rebecca Collier Ranger

            Dear Ms. Whitehouse,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            The National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) has custody of microfilm copies of operational records relating to U.S. Army Air Force/U.S. Air Force units. We searched the Air Force History index to the microfilm and located 2 files for Kingman Army Airfield and Gunnery School for 1942-1943. Please read the brief Abstract to determine which records you are interested in and click on the specific PDF icon. In the PDF listing, the IRISREF is the microfilm reel number and note the FRAME and FRAMELST numbers for the location on the reel. Since the reel number begins with B, please contact RDT2 via email at archives2reference@nara.gov for access to them.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


            To determine what unit he was assigned to, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army Air Corps who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


            1 person found this helpful