1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2020 10:56 AM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking information about Willie Scott

    jess pinkham Newbie

      I'm wondering what all I can find out via an Army Serial Number from World War I. as I'm trying to discover everything possible on a subject's father. I found his service card from 1918, which lists his number as 2996254. His name was Willie Scott although the card lists him as Will with an address in August, GA. Thanks very much!

        • Re: Seeking information about Willie Scott
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

          Dear Mr. Pinkham,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!