2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2020 4:57 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking information about Roy Johnson Oregon

    Kristina Glassner Newbie

      Roy Johnson Oregon served in the Navy during WWII. He was at Pearl Harbor. I would like to know anyone who knew him. He is my maternal grandfather.

        • Re: Seeking information about Roy Johnson Oregon
          Alice Lane Navigator

          Hi Kristina,

          I don't have an answer to your question, but here is something that may interest you.




          Good Luck in your search.

          Alice Lane

          Volunteer Researcher

          • Re: Seeking information about Roy Johnson Oregon
            Jason Atkinson Ranger


            Dear Ms. Glassner,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to 1958 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195 OR view the record by visiting the NPRC Archival Research Room in St. Louis, MO. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            Using the OMPF, you should be able to identify which organizations he was assigned to.  To seek organizational records, you may post a follow-up question here on History Hub or submit an inquiry privately through NARA’s Contact Us Form.


            In regards to locating people that knew him, the National Archives does not have the present addresses of former service personnel or their survivors on file. You may wish to contact veteran organizations and online veteran forums to try to locate people that served with him.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!