2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2020 3:12 PM by Cara Jensen

Seeking a poem by Darlene Duff Rollison

Gloria Sanders-Williams Newbie

I'm looking for a poem that was written by my aunt, Darlene Duff Rollison, in "In Between Raindrops" titled  "The Killing must Stop". How do I research this? It’s supposedly in the National Archives in Washington, DC.  I have no dates and my aunt is deceased.

• Re: Seeking a poem by Darlene Duff Rollison
          J. Andrew Scout

The National Archives is primarily a repository of federal government records.  Unlike the Library of Congress, it does not collect literature for the sake of collecting literature. If you are trying to locate a book, the Library of Congress is more likely to have it.

Do you have any additional information about why you think it is at the National Archives, and if so, in what context the poems may have come into federal custody?  For example, were the poems created in the course of her employment by a particular federal agency, or did she mail the poems to a particular federal official and those poems were retained in his correspondence files?

Also, I know you say you don't have dates, but can you at least provide a rough date range? If nothing else which years she was alive?

• Re: Seeking a poem by Darlene Duff Rollison
            Cara Jensen Adventurer

Dear Ms. Sanders-Williams,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog, the National Archives Library Information Center (ALIC), the LIbrary of Congress, and Hathitrust, but could not locate any records authored by Darlene Duff Rollison.  We suggest that you contact your family members or Darlene Duff Robinson’s local library for any information regarding these poems. 

We regret we cannot be of more assistance.  Best of luck with your research.