1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2020 10:18 AM by Jason Atkinson Branched from an earlier discussion.

Seeking records of 593rd Joint Assault Signal Company

Brian Weiss Newbie

Hello, My grandfather also served in the 593rd JASCO. I have tried using the links provided (see Re: Seeking information about 593rd Joint Assault Signal Company) but I am unable to access them. Can you please resend the links to me? Thank you

• Re: Seeking records of 593rd Joint Assault Signal Company
          Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Mr. Weiss, 

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We double-checked all the links in our response and they worked for us. 

If you have any problems accessing the National Archives Catalog descriptions that we included, please contact catalog@nara.gov. For more information about the records described by the Catalog descriptions, please email the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

The Fold3 records that we linked can only be accessed through Fold3 with a subscription. NARA provides free onsite access to Fold3 at all our research facilities, to include regional archives and presidential libraries. However, due to COVID-19, all NARA facilities are currently closed to the public and most of the staff are teleworking.

The Ike Skelton Combined Arms Research Library documents we linked are currently accessible and do not require an account or subscription.  If you have any questions about these, please contact the Library.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!