1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2020 9:53 AM by Rebecca Collier

How can I locate Ivan Gravely from West Virginia?

Shelley Croshier Newbie

I am attempting to help a friend try to locate her biological father or any family members . All she has is his name and that he served in the Air Force. His name is Ivan Gravely. She only has 3 pictures that were taken in 1975, the year she was born. I am hoping to point her in the right direction. His last known location was in West Virginia. We appreciate any help. Her name is Deanna Fox Jenkins. Thank you

• Re: How can I locate Ivan Gravely from West Virginia?
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Croshier,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that your friend requests a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Air Force after 1958 and prior to May 1, 1994 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please ask her to complete a GSA Standard Form 180 by providing as much information as possible and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  She also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin.

Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful