1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2020 11:38 AM by Holly Rivet

    Trying to get retirement paperwork & disability percentage sheet


      I am trying to get my retirement paperwork and my disability percentage rating. Where do I go?

        • Re: Trying to get retirement paperwork & disability percentage sheet
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Michael,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Personnel Record Center (NPRC) at St. Louis houses Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and other supporting documentation for service men and women who served prior to 1999.  We can provide copies of this material to the veteran, their families, military branches, and the Veteran's Administration, and other users with security restrictions.  Benefits such as disability compensation is handled by the VA.  You may begin to file a claim on their website.  There are documents they must review such as your DD-214 or medical files.  Please contact them first, as they may be able to request these documents.   


          Should they request you seek a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and or medical records, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to the facility that holds your record.  This can be determined on page three.  Also indicate specifically what documents you are requesting.  Veterans may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this is helpful.



          Holly Rivet