1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2020 4:33 PM by Jeffrey Burris

    How can I get a copy of my DD-214


      I have been trying since March to get a copy of my DD-214, I need this for my Medicare benefits and my deadline is June 21, 2020 .Can you PLEASE help me?  Every phone number I call is not taking new call right now because of the virus. Thanks

        • Re: How can I get a copy of my DD-214
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

          Dear Mr. Burris,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          You may request a copy of your DD Form 214 from the National Personnel Records Center. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals. Once operations resume requests will be filled in the order in which they were received.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          2 people found this helpful