3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2020 10:06 AM by Kelly McCoy

    Seeking all of my military records


      Sir, I have requested multiple requests for my records but there is no information after AIT. What happened to the rest? I was in a combat Medical unit and our records were detailed and I saw my record and it was thick when I was with the unit. Why or what his reason that all my admin or military information is not included in my request?

        • Re: Seeking all of my military records
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. McCoy,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To seek a copy of you Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and or medical records, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to the facility that holds our record.  This can be determined on page three.  Also indicate that you are seeking medical and a full copy of your OMPF.  Veterans may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions.

          OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces after 1958 and prior to 1999 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking all of my military records
            Carl Urich Wayfarer

            Good afternoon.


            You requested records from the National Personnel Records Center?


            If so, did you receive a response that indicated you could send a follow up to receive all of your records?  If so, I would recommend you submit a follow up.  Also, if you were discharged after 1995, I would indicate that on your follow up response (a portion of your records may be stored electronically).


            Hope that helps.