1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2020 1:05 PM by Holly Rivet

Seeking my son's Navy dependent medical record

George Self Newbie

I am trying to help my son, Matthew T. Self, find a copy of his medical record from US Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. He had surgery to fix a broken elbow and was released on 9/11/2001.  He was not yet 4 years old.  He is 22 now. The surgery left him with a large scar on his elbow.  He is trying to enlist in the US Army now and they are asking for a record of his surgery to explain the large scar.  He applied online for the records and received this email in April 2020:

Date: Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:05 AM

Subject: 2020043036316-NA13177-SELF-24112 - Status Update to Military Clinical and Medical Treatment Records

Thank you for submitting this request, our Customer Service Desk will review your submission and will respond accordingly.

This message has been automatically generated by our system. Please do not reply to this email.

Section 1: Requester Details

Last Name: SELF

First Name: MATTHEW

Section 2: Sponsor (Veteran) Information

Veteran Last Name: SELF

Veteran First Name: GEORGE

Veteran Middle Name: H

Branch of Service: Coast Guard

Section 3: Patient (Dependent or Veteran) Information

Patient Last Name: SELF

Patient First Name: MATTHEW

Patient Middle Name:

Military Treatment Facility: NAVAL MEDICAL CENTER PORTSMOUTH

Section 4: Comments

Additional Comments: Requesting documentation of surgery on broken elbow September 9th to September 11th, 2001

Can you help us, please?

• Re: Seeking my son's Navy dependent medical record
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Mr. Self,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

You may check the status of a Medical Request online.  Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764. Even as we begin to reopen, operations may be curtailed due to limited staffing.

We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

We hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet