9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2020 11:31 AM by Cara Jensen

How long before I get a copy of my SF-50 form?

I submitted several requests for my SF-50 form over a month ago and no response.  I have faxed the request twice and mailed the request twice along with called the Personal Notice Archives numerous times leaving voicemail messages and no one has responded.Can someone advise when will I get a copy of my SF-50 I need it ASAP to apply for federal positions and this is holding me up? Thanks.

• Re: How long before I get a copy of my SF-50 form?
          Cara Jensen Scout

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub.

If you are a current Federal employee, you may obtain your SF-50 through the eOPF (electronic Official Personnel Folder) specific to your department or branch.   The system may be accessed by https://eopf.opm.gov/ .  If you need assistance logging into your system, contact the Human Resources department of your Federal agency.

If you are not a current Federal employee, the last SF-50 you received would be the last one in your OPF.   Written requests may be mailed or faxed to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service.  For more information, please check their web site at https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from NPRC. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your request.

Hi, I’m former federal employed I never received a copy of my sf-50. I’ve mailed a request to address you mentioned above 3 times as well as faxed the request 2 times to fax number specified above and it’s been over a month with no response. Can someone look into my request and advise? Thanks

Holly Rivet Tracker

Thank you for posting your follow-up request on History Hub!

Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives is working under significantly reduced staff until further notice and is only servicing urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals.  However, you may call the National Personnel Records Center Annex directly at (618) 935-3000 for an update.

We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful
                Holly Rivet Tracker

This is an update to our previous response.

The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, please resubmit your request.  Write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.

For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .

We hope this update is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful