1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2020 7:00 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Looking for family of  PTE J Wild


      Looking for the family of  PTE J. Wild 18230. I found a metal of his. I do not know what side he was on or anything. Anyones help would be appreciated.Thank You

        • Re: Looking for family of  PTE J Wild
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Johnson,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          “Pte” before a person's name is an abbreviation for the military rank “private” in British and Commonwealth usage. It is not in use by the United States armed forces. We suggest that you contact the Imperial War Museum for assistance with identifying the medal. Then they can refer you to the appropriate authorities for identifying the soldier depending on the nation that issued the medal.


          The Commonwealth War Graves Commission has an entry for Private Joseph Wild, Service Number 18230, of the Lancashire Fusiliers. He passed away in 1915.  For information about requesting the service records of British soldiers who served during World War I, please see the National Archives of the United Kingdom’s guide to researching British Army soldiers of the First World War. We suggest that you also contact The Fusilier Museum at Bury. The Fusilier Museum is home to the collections of The Lancashire Fusiliers and The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.They may have suggestions regarding locating persons with a family connection to the regiment. If a family member can not be located, they may also be interested in accepting the medal as a donation.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          1 person found this helpful