1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2020 12:59 PM by Jason Atkinson Branched from an earlier discussion.

    Seeking my Military records during 1999


      I am trying to find my military records. I was in the US Army in 1999. I was in Basic at Ft Jackson, South Carolina in Bravo 239.

        • Re: Seeking my Military records during 1999
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Linkous,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army since October 16, 1992 and prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. As a veteran, you may use eVetRecs to request your own records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records. 


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this is helpful.