2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2020 11:01 AM by Tadeus Ochman

    Seeking personnel file of Polish MP


      Hello, I recently learned that my father (he is deceased) served in the American Armed forces as an MP. He supposedly was signed on in 1944 or 1945 in France after fleeing after fleeing from slave labor in Germany. He was a native of Poland. Where could I find info on that?

        • Re: Seeking personnel file of Polish MP
          Cara Jensen Tracker

          Dear Mr. Ochman,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Polish citizens who served with the U.S. Army during World War II and during the occupation of Germany and who were not officially inducted into the American Army were considered civilian employees by the U.S. Government. Official Personnel Files (OPFs) and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity prior to 1952 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis, P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, beginning and ending dates of Federal Service. For more information, the web site is https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/archival-programs/civilian-personnel-archival/index.html.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!