2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2020 8:01 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking medical records of brother & mother


      I'm trying to locate the medical records of my mother and brother about his birth in Frankfurt Germany while my father was stationed in Giessen Germany with the US Army in 1960.He was born deformed. Also, I would like to know how many other US military children were born deformed in and around that time.

        • Re: Seeking medical records of brother & mother
          Nalia Warmack Wayfarer



          Given your father was military, the hospital you are looking for is likely the 97th General Hospital in Frankfurt, Germany. Unfortunately, the hospital is not longer there though the building currently holds the U.S Consulate General. Depending on what type of records you are looking for, I hope this link might be of use for locating records:
          https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/medical-records-veterans-access .If you are looking for a birth certificate, you can contact the Department of State.

          As for children born with deformities, I am afraid that I do not know where you could find that information. 


          Hope this helps.

          • Re: Seeking medical records of brother & mother
            Jason Atkinson Guide

            Dear Ms. McKenna,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores Dependent Medical Folders (DMFs) for dependents treated at Army, Air Force or Coast Guard facilities from 1954 to the present. The military medical facilities transfer the DMFs to NPRC, generally 1-5 years after the last treatment.  Please submit a written request to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. 


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            We hope this is helpful.

            1 person found this helpful