1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2020 1:17 PM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking affidavit of D M Prendergast

Lisa Grigsby Newbie

I have noticed that there are missing Dawes Rolls number paperwork for MCR 2905 “Mary Jane McElroy. There are several testimonies missing including one of a D.M. prendergast.  How can i view them? I would love to view the testimonies that are missing. I found the initial Dawes Rolls with family information from Ancestry.com. I emailed about the rest and in response was told the affidavit for DM Prendergast was forward to the Secretary of Interiors to consolidate this case... but if they still existed they would be at the National Archives...help

• Re: Seeking affidavit of D M Prendergast
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Grigsby,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Records Relating to Applications for Identification as Mississippi Choctaw, 1901 - 1907 in the Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (Record Group 75) that may include the affidavits you seek. For access to these records, please contact the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) via email at archives1reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

[Information provided by Cody White, Subject Matter Expert]

1 person found this helpful