6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2020 9:56 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking records of incident with Prohibition agents


      My great great grandfather wounded two prohibition agents in Hampshire County, West Virginia in 1930/1931. He was a suspect and wanted for the incident, but evaded the authorities, relocated to another state, and changed his name. I would assume there should be records somewhere attached to his original name. I have searched Newspapers and ancestral sites. Using his original name, I have found census records that match the stories I have been told as well as newspaper articles for his marriage to my grandmother. What would be my best bet for finding case files or information on the prohibition incident? I'm not sure if I would have more luck on a federal, state, or local level, or what agency to contact at each level.

      Thank you for your help!