1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2020 2:06 PM by Thomas Richardson

Seeking brother-in-law's missing records

Dana Hubbard Newbie

My brother-in-law asked me to help him find his records. He has his DD-214. He was in Guam and Germany between Feb. 15,1965 to Jan. 27,1968. He said they would fly him in at night and back out at night. He was in the Army. Can you please help me?

• Re: Seeking brother-in-law's missing records
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

Dear Dana Hubbard,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

If he does not already have it, we suggest that he requests a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please ask him to complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. He also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.

Morning reports may also provide some additional assistance with his travel in the service. Morning reports for Army units dated 1960-1974 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis.  Please use the same GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002

Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

We hope this information is helpful.