1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2020 12:15 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking list of ships my father served on


      Is there some place that you could get a list of ships that someone was on?  I can remember some of the ones that my father was on, but I don't think I have them all. Thanks

        • Re: Seeking list of ships my father served on
          Thomas Richardson Navigator

          Dear Mr. Calhoon,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The list of ships he served on should be included in his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Therefore, we suggest that you begin by requesting a copy of his OMPF. OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1958 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.